[cfe-users] Clang (with Visual Studio) wrongly complains about missing variables

John Emmas via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 21 08:19:25 PDT 2021

I just found something else which might be significant...  I noticed
that when linking this exe, I had a linker option enabled called
/FORCE:MULTIPLE

If I remove that option, the Clang linker then gives me a list of about
a dozen duplicated symbols.  And with that option I get a similarly
sized list showing unresolved symbols.

Alternatively, changing it to /FORCE makes the exe compile!!  It crashes
as soon as I try to run it but at least it gets me a bit closer.

John