[cfe-users] clang-format feature request

Robert Ankeney via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 29 16:46:14 PDT 2021

I'm not sure where best to post this, but I'd like to see a couple of
features added to clang-format, and from browsing around, have seen others
looking for these features, too.
1) Ability to break declaration parameters into groups when more than N
parameters are declared. For example, if I have more than 3 parameters
declared, I'd like to see the declaration changed to show one parameter per
line. I could imagine others would want a different grouping style, so
maybe something like BreakParametersOfDeclarationAfter: 3, and
BreakParametersOfDeclarationGroup: 1 to accomplish this.

2) Ability to force the use of braces after an if statement, much like the
clang-tidy readability-braces-around-statements option without needing to
have a compilation database in place.

Any hope this request can make it to the appropriate ears?
Thanks!

Robert