[cfe-users] Get Source Location details from IR code (Function Pass)

David Blaikie via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 26 21:43:19 PST 2021

the location of composite types isn't stored in a DILocation - it's stored
in the 'file'/'line' attributes of the DICompositeType (similarly, the
members have a 'file' and 'line' attribute).

See for instance line 39 of the LLVM IR in https://godbolt.org/z/o3oce5 :

!12 = distinct !DICompositeType(tag: DW_TAG_structure_type, name: "Foo",
file: !8, line: 1, size: 32, flags: DIFlagTypePassByValue, elements: !13,
identifier: "_ZTS3Foo")

Note the 'file:' and 'line: fields there. (the file field refers to !8
which is !8 = !DIFile(filename: "./example.cpp", directory: "/home/ce"))