[cfe-users] _Decimal128 on PowerPC

Jeffrey Walton via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 8 00:08:04 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

I'm testing Steven Munroe's pveclib library
(https://github.com/munroesj52/pveclib). It is testing OK with GCC,
but I am having trouble with Clang.

I've been able to test up to Clang 9 and with/without -std=c11, but I
keep encountering two errors:

    decpowof2.c:30:7: error: GNU decimal type extension not supported
        const _Decimal128 decpowof2 [] = {

    decpowof2.c:31:8: error: invalid suffix 'DL' on floating constant
        1.0E+0DL,       /* 2**0 */

I believe _Decimal128 and the DL suffixes are part of ISO/IEC TS 18661
or N2341 (http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n2341.pdf).

I think I am missing the right combination of Clang compiler and options.

What compiler or options are needed for Clang?