[cfe-users] Clang-LLVM installed but opt is missing

Brian Johnson via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 13 12:58:48 PDT 2019

Hello,

Our team recently started with Clang and LLVM.

We installed the LLVM-8.0.1-win64.exe on Windows.

Next we successfully used Clang to compile a program to .bc.

But when we run an opt pass, we get:

    opt is not recognized as an internal or external command

The two last entries in the PATH are C:\Program Files\LLVM and C:\Program Files\LLVM\bin.

In the LLVM installation directory, the only "opt" we have is OptRemarks.dll (in the /bin subfolder).

Thank you for any assistance.

Brian