[cfe-users] clang-tidy bug?

David Blaikie via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 28 14:17:40 PDT 2019

clang-tidy in the command line you gave didn't seem to modify the file for
me, did it modify the file for you?

Are you objecting to the suggestion, or that it was automatically applied?
I would think it'd be a bug to apply any fixit/hint if there are multiple
possible suggestions.

But the existence of the suggestion (without the application of it) to the
user seems right to me. The use of extra () to suppress the
assignment-in-conditional warning (-Wparentheses) has been around for quite
a while, so it's possible that the user intended assignment rather than
comparison when they added the extra parentheses.

- Dave