[cfe-users] Fwd: Re: [llvm-dev] Overriding macro values defined in source code

Sudhindra kulkarni via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 6 23:09:30 PDT 2019

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Tim Northover" <t.p.northover at gmail.com>
Date: May 1, 2019 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: [llvm-dev] Overriding macro values defined in source code
To: "Sudhindra kulkarni" <sudhindrakkulkarni102 at gmail.com>

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 at 22:28, Sudhindra kulkarni via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Is it possible to override the value of AVAL through the -D option?
> For eg is it possible to set the value of AVAL to 2 through -D in clang ?

This is more a question for the cfe-users list, but as far as I know
there's no way to prevent redefinitions in source files.

Cheers.

Tim.

Hi Team,
                 Consider the below C code,
#define AVAL 5
void func()
{
int a=5;
if(a==AVAL)
{
//Do something
}
else
{
//Do something else
}

}
My question is
Is it possible to override the value of AVAL through the -D option?
For eg is it possible to set the value of AVAL to 2 through -D in clang so
that the else part executes?
Also apart from -D option we are also open to other ways of achieving this
Thanks in advance