[cfe-users] error: unknown target CPU 'pentium-m'

Anonymous User via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 2 01:46:49 PDT 2018

Hi,

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 17:50:46 -0700 Matthew Fernandez
via cfe-users wrote:

> It’s hard to guess what you’re doing or what your
> expected outcome is without seeing your command
> line,

I am building ungoogled-chromium using the attached
short bash script. For 'native' and 'nocona'
everything works fine. The errors when selecting
'pentium-m' are here:

https://susepaste.org/7e63b193

> but perhaps you’re using -march?

Yes, through exporting CFLAGS.

>     $ clang -march=pentium-m main.c
>     error: unknown target CPU 'pentium-m’
>     $ clang -mtune=pentium-m main.c
>     $

So one cannot target architecture 'pentium-m' yet
-mtune for it is possible for that CPU? How can this
be used practically? IOW: how should I modify my
script?

--
George