[cfe-users] I/L paths Versus default paths

Christiano SA via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Sat Apr 7 19:51:12 PDT 2018

I want to know if my following thought is correct: The default include paths have priority over the -I<path>. On the other hand, -L<path> has priority over default lib paths. Am I right?

I'm asking this because I read the following doc:
https://libcxx.llvm.org/docs/UsingLibcxx.html
which has the following advice:

If you want to select an alternate installation of libc++ you can use the following options.

$ clang++ -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -nostdinc++ \
          -I<libcxx-install-prefix>/include/c++/v1 \
          -L<libcxx-install-prefix>/lib \
          -Wl,-rpath,<libcxx-install-prefix>/lib \
          test.cpp