[cfe-users] Compiling to target mos6502

Erika Butler via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 16 18:01:36 PDT 2017

I'm wanting to compile a program to 6502 machine code using LLVM/Clang. I
downloaded and installed this Target:

https://github.com/c64scene-ar/llvm-6502

The installation was a success, unfortunately I can't seem to use the
target. I used llc --version and it says "mos6502" is available as a CPU,
but I don't know how to reference this in clang.

I see there is the -triple switch for clang, but I don't seem to have the
information to use it. The only thing I know about the Target is that the
CPU is "mos6502". Is this not enough to do any sort of compilation, even
one that doesn't use any libraries?

Thanks,
Erika