[cfe-users] How to use clang-tidy plugin.

Benjamin Kramer via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 19 08:44:19 PST 2017

I don't think I ever added the build rules to build clang-tidy as a
plugin for use outside of libclang. You can use it via libclang and
the python bindings currently. Adding the necessary build rules isn't
easy because you'd have to avoid linking clang symbols into both the
plugin and the actual clang binary, the current cmake layout doesn't
really support that :(