[cfe-users] libclang: Spelling on typedefs lacks namespaces

Michael via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 27 07:37:23 PDT 2016

 > I think you want to get the underlying type from the typedef and then
use getTypeSpelling on that result.

Hmm, I don't think so, I actually would like to keep the typedefs in my
generated code (for readability, and because it might actually resolve
to something different when the generated code is used or to something
clang specific which then fails with other compilers). Also the
underlying type could again contain typedefs with missing namespace, so
I would have to go all the way down to the canonical type (which is what
I'm actually doing currently as a workaround)...

Michael