[cfe-users] Clang-format and boost macros

Nick Gordon via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 18 12:10:10 PST 2016

I'm writing a clang-format file for my research project in C++ in hopes
to soothe some of the code review rounds about style. Everything works
well, except we use a boost-provided access modifier of
"PUBLIC_WITH_TESTS_ELSE_PRIVATE:". Clang-format doesn't seem to know
what to do with this, and treats it like a constructor. I didn't see any
option to define for custom access modifiers, either. I could of course
write a clever script to do it for me, but it would be better if the
formatting happened in one place. Does anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks,
Nick