[cfe-users] Binary instruction operand type - Fast-math-flags - Vectorized IR code

Simona Simona via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 29 02:09:46 PST 2016

Hello,

I'm using LLVM 3.4 and noticed that some of the IR binary instructions have
the following format:
            <result> = frem [fast-math flags]* <ty> <op1>, <op2> ; yields
ty:result

I'm mainly interested in extracting the type of the operands, regardless of
whether the fast-math-flags are set or not.
In the case above, that would be floating-point or vector.

Q1. I was just wondering if doing I.getOperand(0)->getType() would be
sufficient to extract the operands type.

Q2. Moreover, how can you extract the fast-math-flags?

Q3. I'd also appreciate it if someone could tell me what C/C++ source
code should I use to generate IR code that
includes some binary operation(s) with vector operands.

Many thanks,
Simona