[cfe-users] uniquely identifying names

folkert via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 26 05:11:17 PDT 2016

Hi,

The Sun java compiler allows you to (from java) walk the AST and
investigate it. Each token is stored in an object. Each object has a
hash() method which uniquely identifies it.

Now I was wondering: can I do so with the LLVM tooling as well? I could
of course if I want to identify e.g. a function name just pick the line-
and column number and maybe include the function name itself as well but
that would constantly change when lines are added and/or removed.

Any suggestions?

regards,

Folkert van Heusden