[cfe-users] Clang memory sanitizer: llvm-symbolizer problem

Schlottke-Lakemper, Michael via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 30 10:23:58 PST 2015

On 26 Nov 2015, at 17:43 , Kevin P. Fleming <kevin at kpfleming.us<mailto:kevin at kpfleming.us>> wrote:

Instead of putting the directory that contains libc++/libc++abi into LD_LIBRARY_PATH, use the system's 'normal' method of locating libraries, by ensuring that directory is included in the search path built up from /etc/ld.so.conf. If you do this, then an RPATH in an executable *will* take precedence over the default directory, because the default directory won't be specified in LD_LIBRARY_PATH (which has the highest precedence).
This, of course, would be the preferred solution. Unfortunately, while it is possible for me to influence the values in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I cannot easily update the ldconfig cache on all cluster nodes (if at all). I am thus still interested in (and actively searching for) an alternative approach.

Michael