[cfe-users] Building clang's static analyzer on Windows

Anton Yartsev anton.yartsev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 02:24:06 PDT 2015

Hi Christian,

Unfortunately I'm limited to only e-mails now but I'll try to assist you.
First of all, you don't need to build the static analyser separately.
Static analyser is a part of clang executable. To evaluate the
analyser over a single file or a set of files you just need to run the
clang.exe with the --analyze option (explore output from "clang -help"
for additional analyser options). Typical example:
clang.exe -cc1 -analyzer-checker=core,unix.Malloc -analyze test.cpp
I've sent you two versions of clang executables for windows one
compiled with MinGW, other with VS, did you received them?

If you want to evaluate the static analyser over a make project you
also need the scan-build, ccc-analyser and c++-analyzer perl scripts.
You can get them from the repository if they are missing in Windows
distributions. ccc-analyser.bat and c++-analyzer.bat scripts may also
be helpful in running the analyser under Windows. You obviously need
Perl to be installed to run analyser scripts. scan-build script has
several command-line options, you may check them simply running ''perl
scan-build". --use-analyzer=[path to clang executable] is the one you
exactly need.
There is a site devoted to the analyser:
http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org, check it for additional information.

On 7/14/15, christian.soltenborn at connext.de

--
Kind regards,