[cfe-users] Installing CFE 3.7.0 : glitches with CFE OpenMP support if not build in-tree?

Massimiliano Culpo via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 1 02:33:03 PST 2015

Hi,

I need to install CLang/LLVM 3.7.0 with OpenMP support (libomp), and for
various reasons I need to do it with the following configuration :

* llvm + compiler-rt + openmp installed in some custom folder
* cfe + clang-tools-extra (depending on the llvm above) as a separate
installation somewhere else

Up to now I wasn't able to configure the build to generate a proper support
for OpenMP, as it seems the compiler paths are not set up correctly to find
the 'omp.h' header when "-fopenmp=libomp" option is passed:

  $ clang++ -fopenmp=libomp main.cpp
  main.cpp:1:10: fatal error: 'omp.h' file not found
  #include "omp.h"
           ^
  1 error generated.

If I add the include path explicitly everything works as expected:

  $ clang++ -I<llvm-install-root>/lib/clang/3.7.0/include  main.cpp
-fopenmp=libomp
  $ ./a.out
  Hello from thread 0 of 4
  Hello from thread 1 of 4
  Hello from thread 3 of 4
  Hello from thread 2 of 4

Is there any option or definition I overlooked in the documentation that
will correctly configure clang to add the "omp.h" include path among the
defaults if "-fopenmp=libomp" is given?

Thanks,
Massimiliano