[cfe-users] clang 3.4 tools/clang/test has 7 failures. Should I worry?

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Tue May 6 18:12:51 PDT 2014

Hi Larry,

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Larry Evans <cppljevans at suddenlink.net> wrote:
> After downloading all the LLVM 3.4 sources from:
>
> http://llvm.org/releases/download.html#3.4
>
> and configuring with the attached my-configure.sh,
> and building, then ran the tools/clang/test Makefile
> and got 7 unexpected failures as shown in 2nd attachment.
> The 2nd attachment also shows my OS using uname -a output.
>
> How can I avoid these 7 unexpected failures or should I
> not worry about them?

I'm pretty sure the failures are benign, and you don't need to worry
about them. This seems to happen sometimes for builds that are
configured using --with-gcc-toolchain.

For example, test/Driver/pic.c is expecting this in the output:
"Scrt1.o" "crti.o" "crtbeginS.o" but gets "Scrt1.o" "crti.o"
"/home/evansl/dwnlds/gcc/4.8.1/install/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.8.1/32/crtbeginS.o"
(which is correct given your installation) instead, and fails.

Thanks,
Hans