[cfe-users] Compiling llvm 3.4 using g++-4.7 on ARM: lib/LTO/LTOCodeGenerator.cpp:166:1: internal compiler error: in merge_if_block, at ifcvt.c

Kim Gräsman kim.grasman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 23:55:18 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:58 PM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Kim Gräsman <kim.grasman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > David,
> >
> > Would you do the honors? I don't have commit access.
>
> If we come up with a good solution, sure.

Sorry, I meant adding ARM GCC 4.7 to the list here:
http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#check-here

But it's a little premature until we know why it's failing.

> > It would be best, of course, if there was a way to phrase this so GCC
> > doesn't die, but this pattern is everywhere so it might be futile to
> solve
> > it only here.
>
> Yeah, if this fires for all our switch-over-enum-without-default... I
> don't think we'll fix it (& there's no point fixing 3 cases if we
> leave hundreds more in-tree). So if it's just these three, that's
> something & would still need comments most likely. But it'd be better
> if there were a solution that didn't suppress diagnostics (oh, and
> this change as-is will probably fire Clang's -Wcovered-switch-default
> warning... which we'd have to suppress).

Definitely.

Maybe Cy can provide more details on the environment where this happens
(e.g. compiler command for this file, exact error message, ...)

Thanks,
- Kim