[cfe-users] CMake fails to build Clang for Visual C++ / Windows 7 - 32-bit

asif saeed asif.lse2 at gmail.com
Wed May 22 05:52:24 PDT 2013

Hi Kim,

Thank you very much for replying.

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Kim Gräsman <kim.grasman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM, asif saeed <asif.lse2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Now it emits another set of errors:

> > -- Clang version: 3.4
> > -- Found Subversion: C:/Program Files/TortoiseSVN/bin/svn.exe (found
> version
> > "1.7.9")
> > -- Expecting header to go in
> > C:/llvm_clang/build/tools/clang/lib/Basic/SVNVersion.inc
> > CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake
> > 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindSubversion.cmake:83 (message):
> >   Command "C:/Program Files/TortoiseSVN/bin/svn.exe info
> C:/llvm_clang/llvm"
> >   failed with output:
> >
> >   svn: E155036: Please see the 'svn upgrade' command
> >
> >   svn: E155036: Working copy 'C:\llvm_clang\llvm' is too old (format 10,
> >   created by Subversion 1.6)
>
> It looks like the working copy was created by an older SVN than the
> one used by CMake.
>
> Either use SVN 1.7.9 to check out the working copy or put SVN 1.6 in
> the PATH so that CMake uses it.

Oh! Actually, my work environment has some network policies enforced and
this doesn't allow me to checkout code from CLang's svn repository. So, I
asked the support staff to check that out from another computer which is on
another network. It turns out that that person is using 1.6.12. Again,
thank you very much.

> Could you or anybody else help me on this?
> Please keep the cfe-users list in CC, because I will soon be out of my
> depth :-)

I just hit the reply button. Now I see that there is a Reply-to-All button
as well.

Thanks and regards,
-Asif