[cfe-users] optimizations that raise the FP exception flag

Peter van Hoof p.vanhoof at oma.be
Wed Jun 5 04:21:17 PDT 2013

Hi,

I wonder if clang++ allows optimizations that could raise the FP
exception flag in its default setup? For our code this would be a
problem since we trap certain FP exceptions. Hence such optimizations
would lead to a crash of the code. We have seen this happening with this
version of clang++

$ clang++ --version
clang version 3.3 (trunk 179781)
Target: i386-pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

If such optimizations are allowed, we need a way to disable them. Gcc
has the -ftrapping-math flag to achieve this. Clang++ seems to accept
this flag, but it didn't have any effect in the case we studied. Would
this be the correct way to disable such optimizations?

Cheers,

Peter.

--
Peter van Hoof