[cfe-dev] how to change llvm bitcode file version?

1536926592 via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 21 17:44:44 PST 2022

(Sorry for sending an incomplete email by mistake)
Hi, I'm currently using llvm3.6.2 tool to get the bc file of a project, at some point, due to incomplete compilation (incomplete compilation doesn't affect my purpose), I have no way to get the whole bc file, but only the subparts of the bc file as shown below

When I try to link them with the llvm-link tool, I get a symbol multiple definition error. So I thought I should use the --override= option to override the multiple definitions. However llvm3.6.2 does not have this option. I learned that this option exists in higher versions of llvm-link. However, for version 3.6.2 bc files, linking them together results in the following.

A 19M and a 700+M bc link up is 52M, so obviously something is wrong somewhere. By WARNING I think it is probably the version. So is there a way to change the version of bc? Or is there any other way to solve my problem? Thank you very much.