[cfe-dev] Identifier naming inconsistencies in clang

Craig Topper via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 11 15:21:16 PST 2022

The coding guidelines here
https://llvm.org/docs/CodingStandards.html#introduction say

"There are some conventions that are not uniformly followed in the code
base (e.g. the naming convention). This is because they are relatively new,
and a lot of code was written before they were put in place. Our long term
goal is for the entire codebase to follow the convention, but we explicitly *do
not* want patches that do large-scale reformatting of existing code. On the
other hand, it is reasonable to rename the methods of a class if you’re
about to change it in some other way. Please commit such changes separately
to make code review easier."

But it has said that for a long time so I don't know what the feeling is
these days.

~Craig