[cfe-dev] Integrating a pass as a clang option

Jose Luis Vázquez via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 7 07:44:20 PDT 2021

Good afternoon

I've developed a pass that I want to run directly from a clang
invocation by setting an option in the command line. The pass has been
ran through opt and tested for correctness. I've defined the option and
the driver can parse it but I haven't been able to trigger the execution
of the pass by the pass manager. Is there any particular structure I
need to follow to convert the flag I added in
include/clang/Driver/Options.td into an option parsed by the frontend?

Kindest regards

Jose Luis