[cfe-dev] Question about Clang codegen tests

Florian Hahn via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 28 04:11:37 PST 2021

Hi,

> On Nov 27, 2021, at 12:12, Jun <jun at junz.org> wrote:
>

> Hi,
> Thanks to all folks that help me, but I'm still a little confused when running `llvm-project/llvm/utils/update_cc_test_checks.py` script. I didn't open a new thread but replied to you directly, hope you won't mind :-)

Those tests intentionally do not use update_cc_test_checks.py, because Clang without optimizations creates quite a lot redundant IR. The check lines in the test only check the relevant bits for lowering the builtins (where the arguments are coming from and which intrinsic is called). It is probably easiest to just follow the current scheme.

Cheers,
Florian