[cfe-dev] [clang-tidy][RFC] Add Autosar C++14 clang-tidy module?

Aaron Ballman via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 8 05:56:20 PST 2021

On Sat, Nov 6, 2021 at 4:54 PM Danny Mösch via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Talking about MISRA, is there a reason why there are no ambitions to add another module for the MISRA guidelines? I would be very interested in clang-tidy being able to check for MSRA rules, too. Is it because the guidelines have to be licensed/bought? Is it not allowed to make them public in any way? Does anyone know?

Licensing questions aside, one practical reason is because the MISRA
guidelines are not freely available, so it's basically impossible to
perform code reviews for such checkers unless you already own a copy
of MISRA. The rest of the community then has to take it on faith that
the check actually does what the MISRA rule says it should do because
they have no way to verify.

~Aaron