[cfe-dev] [GSoC] Making Smart Pointer Checkers default checkers in the Static Analyzer

Deep Majumder via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 21 11:24:05 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I am Deep Majumder, and my proposal on 'Making Smart Pointer Checkers
default checkers in the Static Analyzer' has been accepted for GSoC 2021.

This project will aim to bring the checker for null `std::unique_ptr`
de-references to the default group of checkers (currently it is an alpha
checker). This project also aims to build an alpha checker for
`std::shared_ptr` and possibly the foundations of a checker for
`std::shared_ptr`.

I am looking forward to working this summer under my wonderful mentors -
Artem Dergachev, Raphael Isemann, Valeriy Savchenko, and Gabor Horvath.

Warm regards,

Deep