[cfe-dev] Option round-tripping q.

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 13 05:17:34 PDT 2021

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the explanation!  I wouldn't expect a full-string
comparison of the command lines, but I hadn't considered aliases
which would make even item-by-item comparison problematic.

> AFAIK LLVM's TargetOptions are constructed from parts of Clang's
> CompilerInvocation and get end-to-end tested in CodeGen. Am I
> missing something here?

Hmmm... I do see (for example) -ffunction-sections tested that way;
although IMO this constitutes end-to-end testing which doesn't
properly belong in the Clang lit suite.  But at the moment we don't
have anywhere else to put it.  I'll make sure our options have tests
in CodeGen, for lack of anything better.

Thanks,
--paulr