[cfe-dev] clang and clang-sa do not detect uninitialized variable

Nathan Sidwell via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 4 07:35:24 PDT 2021

On 5/4/21 10:30 AM, Ali Shuja Siddiqui (alissidd) wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Can you please elaborate on how to let clang-sa to
> learn about printf? I tried using CTU analysis [1], but I’m unsure how
> to add mappings for libc functions.

Sorry, I don't know.  I don't know if clang/llvm have support for
knowing about various builtin functions the standard library provides.
It must have some (like say abs and sqrt).  If it knew about printf, it
could provide diagnostics when the variadic args do not match the format
string, for instance.

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell