[cfe-dev] Analysis-based toolchain tools/job actions without output

Jonathan Smith via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 5 10:29:17 PST 2021

Hey Andrzej!

Thanks for the insight!

I'd love to get the backend to handle this automatically, and that's
probably the best way of doing this. That's also *probably* how this
will eventually end up going. But for the time being, I'm just trying
not to step on my team's toes.

What I've ended up doing is modifying the tool to perform the check
and then call `objcopy` itself. So yeah, it appears the compilation
pipeline is designed specifically to keep forwarding output to input
or until reaching the end.

Thanks again for the confirmation/second opinion!

Respectfully,
Jonathan Smith (jvstech)