[cfe-dev] Help naming library with interface to SARIF Document writing

Vaibhav Yenamandra (BLOOMBERG/ 919 3RD A) via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 30 14:30:47 PDT 2021

Hello Everyone,

I've been working on adding support for emitting SARIF from clang via -fdiagnostics-format=sarif (rfc: https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-dev/2021-March/067907.html), and need to decide on the name / location of a new library I will add to clang in the process, and would like to hear community input.

The goal of this library would be provide a `clang::SarifDocumentWriter` and related types that represent SARIF data. For now it depends on clang specific types such as `clang::SourceManager`, `clang::SourceLocation`. Also if there are any guides to conventions withing LLVM/cfe-dev surrounding namespaces, I'd be happy to use them to come up with something as well :)

As for the name for the Sarif library: I am thinking of calling it "clang/Support/Sarif.h" within "clangSupport" (akin to llvm/Support/JSON.h), are there any objections to this / other names or locations I can place this code in?