[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Mailing List Status Update

River Riddle via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 3 15:28:46 PDT 2021

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 3:20 PM James Y Knight via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I've just tried out discourse for the first time. It is not clear to me
> how to use it to replace mailing lists. It has a setting "mailing list
> mode", which sounds like the right thing -- sending all messages via email.
> Except that option is global -- all messages in all categories on the llvm
> discourse instance. Which definitely isn't what I want at all. I don't want
> to subscribe to MLIR, for example.

I don't use the "mailing list mode" personally, but it has a little note
under it that "Muted topics and categories are not included in these
emails". I think you could mute everything you aren't interested in (e.g.
MLIR) and still get emails for the things you are.

-- River