[cfe-dev] [lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] [Openmp-dev] RFC: Upcoming release schedules and creating a formal schedule for future releases

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 6 07:17:44 PST 2021

I looked at calendars for upcoming years; the 2.0.0 date ends up being less predictable than I’d like.  Mostly it’s the 4th Tuesday in July, but sometimes the 5th Tuesday, and can be 4th Tuesday even when there is a 5th Tuesday.

Rather than 2.0.0-rc1 = 1.0.0-rc1 + 26 weeks, let’s make it 2.0.0-rc1 = 4th Tuesday in July (i.e., 1.0.0-rc1 plus 6 months, not plus 26 weeks).  I think that will be easier to remember, and the interval being a week shorter should not be a problem.
--paulr