[cfe-dev] Recombining AST Nodes

John Leidel via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 5 11:18:06 PST 2021

David, thanks for the response.  Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm a
bit confused as to the order this needs to occur.  I'll try to
reiterate what you said as follows:

1. If a TagDecl that is !isFreeStanding() is found, create a new
RecordDecl to represent it and add it to the DeclContext
2. Save a reference to the newly created RecordDecl
3. The next FieldDecl whose TagDecl matches the new RecordDecl should
be found; at this point create a new ElaboratedType using that TagDecl
4. Create a new FieldDecl with the new ElaboratedType as the type

Is this the general process?