[cfe-dev] Is it the time to mark coroutine status as green in cxx_status page?

James Y Knight via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 14 09:38:07 PST 2021

There hasn't been a resolution for the issue where coroutine-lowering runs
optimizations passes before splitting, which breaks thread_local and
__attribute__((const)) functions (affecting e.g. pthread_self() and errno).
That's definitely a critical issue which must be resolved before coroutines
can be reasonably called "done".

See thread "[llvm-dev] [RFC] Coroutine and pthread_self" thread from a year
ago, e.g.
https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-December/147325.html for the
end/summary of the conversation. (Or, starting at
https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-November/146766.html and
https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-December/147012.html)

Looks like there's a lot of open bugs about coroutines,
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+coroutine
...might be worth going through all of them...
But, just cherry-picking a few about the above problem:
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/47179 (with thread_local)
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/47177 (with pthread_self)
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/49257 (with errno)