[cfe-dev] Bugzilla migration is stopped again

Arthur O'Dwyer via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 8 14:47:35 PST 2021

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 10:54 AM Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur.j.odwyer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The current script seems to be forgetting that GitHub issues use Markdown,
> and so every existing Bugzilla comment needs to be wrapped in
> triple-backticks to preserve its semantics. (You could do *cleverer*
> things, like "don't wrap comments that are only one line long," but doing
> anything *less-clever* will be a non-starter.)

[...] btw, you've currently got some issues being incorrectly imported with
> the reporter listed* in the issue summary itself* as "LLVM Bugzilla
> Contributor"; e.g. this one from Chris Burel.
> https://github.com/llvm/llvm-bugzilla-archive/issues/52567
> It certainly makes sense that you won't have a GitHub *username* for some
> people, but you still shouldn't throw away the information about their
> human name just because we're migrating from one platform to another.

Two more things I've noticed while spot-checking:
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-bugzilla-archive/issues/36617
- Bugzilla lets you attach file attachments; GitHub doesn't. Attachments
are not preserved by the migration.
- Bugzilla comments are numbered, so people sometimes say e.g. "see comment
16"; GitHub comments are not numbered. The migration script might consider
automagically turning these references into hyperlinks similar to how
Bugzilla does it.

–Arthur