[cfe-dev] Bugzilla migration is stopped again

Anton Korobeynikov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 4 11:07:19 PST 2021

Hello

As far as I know, so far no one volunteered to fix our existing
Bugzilla instance (e.g. integrate with some other authentication
providers). Not sure about alternatives.

In the recent threads there were opinions that permanent abandonment
is not an option, so...

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 9:57 PM Demi Marie Obenour via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 12/3/21 19:18, Anton Korobeynikov via cfe-dev wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I hate to say this, but the migration was stopped again. Now it seems
> > that GitHub does not rewrite issue references properly during the
> > transfer (sick!). Let me show what the problem is exactly:
> >
> > Consider two issues: A and B, where A will reference B and B will
> > reference A. In our case this is used to model various relations like
> > "duplicates / is duplicated by", "blocks / is blocked by", "depends on
> > / required by". So, in bz archive A will reference B as #B and B
> > will reference #A.
> >
> > Now, let's migrate A. The references will be rewritten. #B =>
> > bz-archive#B and #A => llvm-project#A. However, after migration of B
> > only one reference is rewritten llvm-project#A => #A, the bz-archive#B
> > link in the issue A will not be rewritten and therefore a dangling
> > reference will appear.
> >
> > For us this means that we will lose all links to duplicate issues, and
> > (more important!) to linked issues in the meta bugs.
> >
> > I informed GitHub about the bug and I am waiting for their answer.
>
> Is “cancel the migration permanently” an option?  From what I can tell,
> GitHub doesn’t seem like a very reliable choice compared to Bugzilla.
> Could someone else (perhaps Mozilla?) help host the Bugzilla instance?
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> Demi Marie Obenour (she/her/hers)

With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University