[cfe-dev] clang-format custom format specification

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 15 01:14:00 PDT 2020

"clang-format for each input file will try to find the .clang-format
file located in the closest parent directory of the input file." - so
it shouldn't matter which directory you invoke the command from. If
you have the .clang-format file in the parent of the file you want to
format, it should always get that format.

Perhaps there's something broken in your setup that's causing that
behavior not to work?