[cfe-dev] Can we remove llvmbb from IRC?

Galina Kistanova via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 3 11:45:47 PDT 2020

Thanks, David for proposing the patch.

> but I still would rather there be less noise to make the signal stand
out, so if a bot isn't producing accurate enough info to send mail, then
maybe not IRC either

Fair enough.

IRC notifier is a bot, so if somebody is interested in notifications from a
particular bot they could subscribe to those. And by default we could send
notifications to the #llvm-build only from faster bots with shorter blame
lists. That would discriminate heavier and slower bots, but it seems those
get buried under noise anyway.

David has already said this, but I want to repeat. The bots report only
state changes. If a bot is red, it does not report failures following the
first one till it gets green again. If anyone sees otherwise, please let me
know, so I could troubleshoot.

Thanks

Galina