[cfe-dev] Upcoming upgrade of LLVM buildbot
Galina Kistanova via cfe-dev
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 27 18:53:28 PDT 2020
The LLVM buildbot is upgraded.
Thanks for your patience and support!
llvm-zorg source code has been updated, and now is open for new changes. If
you have pending patches, please rebase them on top of the llvm-zorg master
and update your reviews on the Phabricator. I'll start reviewing them
If you are a bot owner and your bot is still using buildbot 0.8.x version,
please move your bots to the staging, upgrade the buildbot worker software,
check to make sure it is still reliably green, and move it back to the
production build bot. Please talk to me if for any reason you want to stay
with the version you currently have. Feel free to ping me if you will get
issues or will need help.
Please let me know if you have any questions or see issues.
On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 7:35 PM Galina Kistanova <gkistanova at gmail.com>
> Hello everyone,
> We have reached the point when all the bots could be updated to a newer
> buildbot-worker software.
> We should be fine to go with whatever the version is current for the OS on
> your bots.
> If you are a bot owner, please feel free to move your bots to the staging,
> upgrade the buildbot worker, check to make sure it is still reliably green,
> and move it back to the production build bot. Please talk to me if for any
> reason you want to stay with the version you currently have installed.
> Feel free to ping me if you will get issues or will need help.
> In the meantime, we will lock the llvm-zorg repository for changes for a
> few days. I'm going to clean up the patches for the updated zorg and will
> commit them. Once that is done we are back to accepting the changes.
> Please let me know if you have any questions.
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 11:24 PM Galina Kistanova <gkistanova at gmail.com>
>> Hello everyone,
>> Starting tomorrow we will be upgrading the staging and production LLVM
>> build bot.
>> To make the transition smooth we would not accept any change to zorg from
>> tomorrow 11:00 AM PDT till the production bot is up and running the new
>> version. Please feel free to talk to me if you will have a special
>> situation and if you would absolutely have to make changes. Thanks for your
>> patience and understanding.
>> If you are a bot owner, you do not need to do anything at this point,
>> unless I'll ask you to help.
>> Here is the plan.
>> * Tomorrow, on September 30th, 2020, at 11:00 AM PDT we will upgrade the
>> staging build bot to buildbot v2.8.4.
>> If you are an owner of one of the staged builders, you would not need to
>> do anything. The staging will go down for a short period of time, and then
>> a new version will come up and will accept connections from your bots.
>> We will be watching the staging and will be improving zorg for the next
>> week or so. Meaning that staging will be restarted more often than before,
>> and restarts will be done without further notices.
>> * Once the staging is reliable you may want to move your bot from
>> production to staging to make sure it will work as expected after the
>> upgrade. I will send a note when this could be done.
>> * After staging is good and we have about a week of running history, we
>> will upgrade the production bot. I will send a separate announcement for
>> this closer to the date.
>> Once the production is up and running, I will need your feedback about
>> blame e-mails delivery, IRC reporting issues, and anything you could spot
>> wrong with the new bot. I hope the transition will go smoothly and we will
>> handle issues quickly if any would come up.
>> * After production is good and we have about a week of running history,
>> I'll ask the bot owners to upgrade buildbots on their side. Please do not
>> upgrade your buildbots unless I'll ask you to. We are trying to limit a
>> number of moving parts at this stage.
>> Thanks for your support and help. And please feel free to ask if you have
>> On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 9:35 PM Galina Kistanova <gkistanova at gmail.com>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>> The buildbot upgrade is entering the phase when the results to become
>>> No change is required at this time on any of the builders. The bot
>>> owners could upgrade the buildbot on build computers later, at their
>>> convenience, as this is not on the critical path.
>>> We are going to upgrade the staging bot first. Then, once that is stable
>>> and all detected issues are resolved, we will upgrade the production bot.
>>> I will need some help with testing, and will be asking to move some of
>>> the builders temporarily to the staging. LLVM buildbot is a piece of
>>> critical infrastructure, so more eyes and hands in making sure it works
>>> properly the better.
>>> I'll be posting updates and ETA of particular changes in this thread.
>>> Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or concerns.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the cfe-dev