[cfe-dev] Windows PDATA/XDATA for Clang Inline Assembly

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 15 10:33:28 PDT 2020

I managed to make it work with naked functions:
https://gcc.godbolt.org/z/9q5r7W
Compiling locally results in an object with .pdata/.xdata. I would expect
you could use gcc-style inline asm here too if you like.

Generally, if you use these directives in a regular, non-naked (clothed?)
function, you should expect to get errors from the assembler about
directives outside the prologue. The compiler will assume it is responsible
for the prologue, and emit the unwind info directives.

If you were to use masm instead, yes, I would expect lld-link to still
accept it.