[cfe-dev] RFC: refactoring clangDriver - diagnostics classes

Andrzej Warzynski via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 24 10:58:03 PST 2020

On 24/11/2020 18:00, David Blaikie wrote:

> Sorry for the slight distraction, but what's the plan for Flang's
> diagnostics? Might it benefit from Clang's diagnostic infrastructure
> for tracking source locations, etc?

No worries. We discussed this briefly in the past (see e.g. [1]). AFAIK,
there are no plans to share diagnostics infra between Clang and Flang.

Diagnostics (and SourceLocation) in Clang are tuned for C-family
languages. Generalising that code would be non-trivial. Personally I
think that such code re-use would be great, but sadly we wouldn't be
able to commit to such refactoring anytime soon.

[1] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-June/142024.html

-Andrzej