[cfe-dev] clang 11 + CUDA + OpenMP broken?

Geoff Levner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 19 05:08:01 PST 2020

If I have a source file including a CUDA kernel and OpenMP directives, I
can compile it like so on my Linux machine:

/usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc -arch=sm_30 cutest.cu --compiler-options=-fopenmp

I would expect to be able to compile it with clang 11 like so:

clang -fopenmp --cuda-gpu-arch=sm_30 cutest.cu \
    -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -lcudart -ldl -lrt -pthread

But when I try, I get a number of undefined function symbols: __nv_isnand,
__nv_isinfd, __nv_copysign, etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

Geoff