[cfe-dev] [RFC] new format string attributes

Marcus Johnson via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 25 10:40:49 PDT 2020

Ah, I think I may be starting to understand better now, thank you! It
sounds like what you're looking for is a way to add length modifiers
and format specifier extensions for a custom printf-like API, with the
current use case being for UTF-16 and UTF-32 strings. Would that be an
accurate understanding?

I think so?

length modifiers for c and s, yes.

Also I'm trying to extend the attributes __attribute__(__format__(X, Y, Z))
where X is a type for UTF-16 and UTF-32, and Y and Z are unchanged

Not sure what you mean by format specifier extensions beyond these two.