[cfe-dev] How to interpret the option `-finline-hint-functions`?

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 30 10:40:09 PST 2020

I believe you are correct. I think [1] is implied by most -O levels, and it
mainly exists so that users can use the negative version of it,
-fno-inline-functions. I think [2] exists to give users an in between level
when the user finds the compiler's decisions to be too aggressive, either
for performance or debugging reasons.