[cfe-dev] Reflection TS (Nick Meyer via cfe-dev)

Nathan Ridge via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 27 22:51:41 PST 2020

> First, though, perhaps consider your goals, as I’m not 100% sure the
> Reflection TS is the last word on the subject of reflection — though
> others certainly disagree with me.

Just wanted to chime in on this with my 2c.

The Reflection TS is certainly not the last word on the subject of reflection -- an improved version of reflection facilities are being worked on for a future C++ standard (such as C+23 or C++26).

However, the purpose of the Reflection TS is to gather implementation and use experience to guide such improvements prior to final standardization.

I think it would be very valuable to implement the Reflection TS so that we can gather such use experience.

Regards,
Nate