[cfe-dev] Clang LLVM for PPC. Clang unable to find PowerPC gcc toochain and binutils

vsp 1729 via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 27 01:38:54 PST 2020

Hi all

I am building Clang/LLVM for PowerPC processor. The cmake command i'm using
is:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/llvm6
-DCMAKE_CROSSCOMPILING=True -DLLVM_DEFAULT_TARGET_TRIPLE=powerpc-linux-gnu
-DLLVM_TARGET_ARCH=PowerPC -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=PowerPC ../llvm-6.0.0.src

PowerPC gcc toolchain along with binutils are installed in
/usr/powerpc-eabi directory.

My questions are:
1. How to tell LLVM about gcc toolchain and binutils installation
directory? Do we have to change/modify/add the path of gcc toolchain in
llvm-6.0.0.src/tools/clang/lib/Driver directory files?
2. LLVM is successfully built using above cmake. I'm not able to use
--sysroot=/usr/powerpc-eabi. In fact it is ineffective.

Please help.

Rgs,
VSP