[cfe-dev] question/problem about parsing pragma's following a function definition

Serge Pavlov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 23 22:42:02 PST 2020

When parser consumes `}`, it tries to pump next available token. If it sees
a pragma, it tries to parse the pragma and convert it into an annotation
token. So `PragmaFloatControlHandler::HandlePragma` occurs in the scope of
the current function. It cannot be changed easily because after '}' is
consumed, the action `ActOnCompoundStmt` and `ActOnFinishFunctionBody`
should be executed and they require proper scope/context.

I would propose you to try moving the check into Sema, into the call of
`Sema::ActOnPragmaFloatControl`. It executes latter and CurContext must
already be updated.

Thanks,
--Serge