[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Phabricator -> GitHub PRs?

Hubert Tong via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 23 15:57:55 PST 2020

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 6:44 PM Doerfert, Johannes <jdoerfert at anl.gov>
wrote:

> On 01/23, Hubert Tong wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 11:37 AM David Greene <greened at obbligato.org>
> wrote:

> rebase
> with
> due to

> the
> > >
> > > Does "vanish" mean it was completely gone, or just hidden in some way?
> > >
> > Completely gone.
>
> That seems an unfortunate design choice. It arguably can make the code
> review hard and awkward, but even if only "done" comments vanish the
> discussion that lead to the design might be lost.
>
> Maybe they (=GH) can add a way to recover comments (without too much
> effort)?

There's two layers to this. The complete loss of commits (for which James
indicated a solution for) and the difficultly of working with comments made
on commits that are no longer connected to the PR branch. Improvements to
the overall user experience on GitHub PRs for rebase-based PR refreshing
seems to be the ask.